NoH2O Forum Index

<  What's up?  ~  Yeah I went to the VWMA Drag Day again...

Humpty
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Otherwise known as Kojak... Joined: 28 May 2008 Posts: 11812 Location: Down Da So'Wessieed!
That's right folks, I went to the VWMA Drag Day in Sydney again this year, but if you guys were paying any attention to the weather reports, you may have noticed all was not well over that way.

I was hanging out with my good mate Ben Robinson, and his very cool and kookie family.... He's the dude who owns/drives the orange VWMA sponsored drag bug....

But I'm getting ahead of myself.... I got the on Thursday arvo and settled in with Ben and the family... The next day went to Morg's place and put the slicks on Nancy, then went to Rod Penrose's place and talked crap and fondled the Autocraft engines, IDA's, Engle Cams, 910's, Comp Eliminators, CB 044's and Superfows that abound, and lent on the NB Drag Bug, then we went back to Ben's place and did a little work on his VWMA Bug.

Later that eve, more beer and good times rolled..... The next day dawned and it was not looking good... Sad

So needless to say, the event was postponed.... By the WSID officials.... Craig was advised not to run the event on account of the weather.... But all was not lost.... Surely there was other stuff to do?

Then it hit me.......

Here I was in our version of the VW Drag racing mecca.... Why not take advantage?.... There were many notable VW peeps who live in the Woolongong area... And all over Sydney, surely other dubbers were kicking around with nothing to do?..... Like I said... All was not lost..... A suitable alternate plan was devised quickly.

Shop tour!

So off we trotted.... Went to Wayne Penrose's shop.... But most of the guys were out at the dyno..... Said 'ullo to my old race car from Warwick....

Went to Klaus' place and oggled his Bus collection....

Went to Rod Penrose's shop and messed around and spend some coin....

Went to Brad's shop (Westside Exhausts) and drank beer, sniffed methanol and talk crap for a few hours.

Went to 'New Ghia's shop and had a hot dog and pepsi....

Went to Morgan's place again to have a closer look at Norm the Drag Bug.

Had a real close look at Norm, took heaps of pics of the cage and how Morgan has done it, plus he has convinced me to go the extra expense and build a chromemoly cage.... Sure wish I could weld like Morgan!

Then on Sunday night, Rod shouted dinner for us all at the local Leagues Club.... Come Monday morning, 4am, Ben drove me back to Sydney and I hoped a plan back here....

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Jul 2011 Posts: 805 Location: Bateman, Perth SOR
Blimey Si crammed some fun in there, nice pics Cool

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote
Cool weekend man! Very Happy
Norm the dragbug looks good, some great ideas there, been watching on AVD.

LO58VW is my favourite VW in the world I think. Cool

Thanks for the pics.
jonathan
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
Looked like a fun weekend!

Any more pictures of the t34?